• Prescott, Arizona
  • Monday-Friday
    8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Call Today

928-308-1254

close
Default Article Image
Apr

Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips

Bad pipesThe Cold Weather is on its way here in Prescott, AZ and we’ll be closing up our homes to keep cozy and warm. Stay safe while you keep warm. Carbon Monoxide is the leading cause of accidental poisoning in the United States. CO is an odorless, invisible, and colorless gas.

Sources and the Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

Home Appliances such as furnaces, stoves, and certain clothes dryers can make carbon monoxide. At low levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that can be mistaken as the the flu. Other symptoms include headache, fatigue, dizziness, fainting, nausea, visual changes.

  • Have your Gas Furnace Heating system inspected annually.
  • Do a Combustion Analysis on your furnace annually.
  • Have your furnace and other gas appliances inspected for proper ventilation ie Flue Draft Measured.
  • Don’t run gas-powered engines inside areas such as garages, even with the doors open.
  • Never use gas or charcoal grills indoors.
  • Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector in each level of your home.