The Importance Of A Clean Air Conditioning Filter At Your Home Or Business
What would happen if you didn’t change the air conditioning filter? Prescott Air Conditioning wants Prescott home and business owners to think of cleaning your air like cleaning the rest of your home or office space. How bad would it be if you neglected cleaning for a month? To find out, let’s take a look at what happens when you don’t change your AC filter.
If you don’t clean or replace your air conditioner’s filter it will begin to fail.
- A dirty filter will not be able to filter air properly, allowing dust and contaminants to get into the air conditioning unit.
- Excessive dust will clog your AC unit’s moving parts such as the fan motor and valves.
- Your HVAC system will need to draw more power to overcome the obstacle, causing it to work harder and making the AC unit less efficient.
- Dust will cause the mechanics of your air conditioning unit to wear out much faster than normal use.
- The average lifespan of an HVAC unit is 15-20. Without a regular cleaning or replacement of the AC filter, you can shorten that lifespan by 5-10 years.
HEPA filters are the only filters that catch spores and allergens. They are classified by MERV ratings from 1 through 12. The higher the rating, the more effective it is at catching small particles. If your unit has a HEPA filter and you fail to change the filter, you are now subject to these contaminants entering your system and your home or business. Dust and pollen are bad enough, but if moisture is allowed to accumulate in the duct work, it can lead to serious and debilitating mold infestations.
Considering the minimal cost of filters and the high cost of repairs, it doesn’t make sense not to change the AC filter every month. And those high costs don’t even take into consideration higher utility bills, discomfort from a poorly functioning unit or the cost to close your Prescott business to clean a “sick building”. Has it been a while since the air filter was replaced in your AC unit? Don’t wait. Call the HVAC experts today at Prescott Air Conditioning at 928-308-1254